CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

January 20, 2008

A good restaurant...

One of my favorite things to do is go out to eat. If it was allowed in my budget (which it's not), I would go everyday and take a friend for some good conversation and good food. I love to discover a new restaurant that has quality, good-tasting cuisine--especially one that has its own personality...not just the run-of-the-mill chain restaurants. One such restaurant is probably my favorite in Charlotte...Mert's Heart and Soul. When I am craving some delicious, Southern, soul food, it's at the top of the list. I used to visit it frequently, but haven't been in probably a year. One of the waitresses still remembered me, and I truly enjoyed my meal, especially the cornbread. I'd definitely recommend it if you have never been...
On a similar note, isn't it cool how God made us each with a different preference for food? I like to try food styles from other cultures...and I always marvel at how the culture we are brought up in often determines the spice, texture, taste, or style of food we can tolerate. Guess that's why I chose Mert's. :)

2 comments:

E said...

I love a good meal!

Candice of 'The Beautiful Mess' said...

Daniel and I ate there last week! We loved it...but can only eat there occasionally...due to the high fat content in the soul food *wink wink*