CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

May 21, 2008

Shout-out to my Parents

Almost daily I deal with parents of teenagers. Some are great parents; some are not. Often, they ask me for parenting advice as I work with their children, specifically with teens as they go through the most difficult time of their life: adolescence and high school. As a 27-yr-old single woman, I feel very unqualified to give parenting advice. However, when I see the often glaring mistakes some parents make, I am so thankful for my own parents and the rules and standards they set for me. I know it will make me a better parent one day, and definitely makes me a better counselor and person.

Over the last few months, my parents have gone through several health issues. My mother is currently dealing with some complications from a procedure she had this week on her eyes. I am thankful that God is protecting them along the way. Because I'm really thankful they are around. And for the example and framework they are for me as parents.

0 comments: