CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

August 21, 2008

My Old Kentucky Home

So here are a few random tidbits from the last week:

-A few volunteers went up to Lexington to see "The Philadelphia Story" at an old theater there. Kim and I walked in late (as we were at the concession stand) to everyone standing to some song we had never heard....apparently that's what you do for state song, "Old Kentucky Home."
-Cell phone troubles--This week has been taken over by the time I have spent talking with my cell phone company. I was trying to switch to my parents' family plan. Apparently, the fact that I have a separate account with a different area code made this EXTREMELY difficult. I and my parents spent somewhere from 6-10 hours on the phone with them...being transferred, on hold, disconnected, etc. When I talked to the guy last night who finally helped me, he was scared to talk to my dad after I warned him that he was so angry that he was not going to talk to them again. Needless to say, I finally got it switched..and all the fees waived. Jessi would say this is because I have a Southern accent. I think it's because I'm so nice :). So I'm waiting for my new SIM card to come in, so no cell phone for a few days (or weeks, depending on the unpredictable KY mail). It feels weird not to be attached to a phone...
-Today I also got hit on by an older man who called in. He was so forward that I thought it was a prank (my co-workers in CAP are known for pulling pranks, it actually happened to me the 2nd day). He wanted to know if I would be his sweetheart....I told him I'd have to meet him first :)

Thank you for all your thoughts and prayers and for keeping up with me by reading my blog!! I'm really enjoying Kentucky so far and have found that most parts of my job are very rewarding. I've used my counseling skills almost every day (one lady commented that she should set up weekly appointments with me!). If you're looking for an opportunity to come volunteer or visit, let me know!