This weekend I...
*Went to West Virginia to "The Church of the Lord Jesus" in the little town of Jolo (I'm not even sure you could find this on the map). It was homecoming, so we thought there would be a crowd. Wrong. There were about 10-15 people, including our group of 5. This church is known for its practice of snake-handling and drinking poison when they "feel the Spirit." It was quite the experience! They had copperheads and rattle snakes in boxes on the altar, along with jars of poison. However, because of the small crowd, no one actually did any handling...maybe next time :).
*Went cliff-jumping...at Paintsville Lake. I jumped off a 15-ft cliff into the beautiful lake. I was terrified, but am glad I did it...
*Spent time in Renfro Valley with our visiting volunteer from California. Listened to a little country and blue grass out in the barn...good stuff.
Now off to celebrate Labor Day...we're having a cook-out up the hill. Then tomorrow I'm most likely driving up to Louisville to help with disaster relief as many evacuees from New Orleans are there. More to come...
2016- A Year in (Book) Review
9 years ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment