CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

November 8, 2008

the busy holiday season...

Tonight I sit down after a long day as a part of the staff for the fall young adult retreat. We ended up just having a one-day event instead of all weekend. It was nice to be around high school students again. I love it when they're honest and willing to grow as young Christians. It was a laid-back, relaxing day at Camp AJ (about 1 1/2 hours away in Jackson county) and the leaves were still very beautiful even as the weather has turned off cooler. A nice little retreat from..

...work in Family Advocacy! With the cold weather approaching, I'm afraid the need for heating assistance will be great this year. I have been making several trips to our warehouse in Corbin (about an hour away) to get the great Wonderboard (this is a heavy 3x5 piece of concrete-mix with mesh actually intended to go under tile for bathroom floors) which people can use as underpinning for their trailer as insulation from the cold. We have much of this donated so it's one thing I can help them with for "free." So back to the loading and lifting...the never-ending part of my job...

I am also busy getting ready for our Christmas season....getting the Christmas boxes ready and organizing the Christmas service for the 150+ families we serve in Rockcastle county. Because of this, I have new co-workers. We have an older couple from Florida who come every year to volunteer their time in November and December and help process all the Christmas boxes. They also stay at our house (that makes 13!) during this time. They are really great and it's nice to have their company.

Time is really flying by...I can't believe it's already November! God has blessed me by being a part of CAP in so many ways... a laid-back place of service that allows me to directly meet the needs of people here in KY, a community of Christians, practical lessons in living with others, and spiritual growth. Thank you to each of you for sharing in the journey with me by reading this blog!

0 comments: