CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

August 12, 2009

Becoming a "2nd year"


As most of you have heard, I finally decided what I was going to do with my life...or at least for this year! I have decided that the best fit and place for me right now is to stay with CAP for a second year. And I have such a peace about it; I know that this is where God wants to use me. I will continue to work in Family Advocacy, but most likely, will be living with a completely different group of volunteers (as well as working with many new people).

I have been job searching for the last few months, but had not really found a place that best fit me. Coming from an education background, I knew the transition to non-profit would be difficult. Then, I began to consider going back to school counseling. All in all, I was beginning to get very stressed! At the end of July, we had some changes in our program which left more openings within Family Advocacy. I knew that I was especially needed, and began to think about the possibility of staying. However, I wanted to make sure I was doing what God wanted me to do and not making a decision because I felt CAP needed me to stay. But, to be honest, I just don't think I'm finished. There are many opportunities for me to start new projects or use different skills within my position and within CAP. I feel God is telling me to take some initiative and use this time to solidify what some of my strengths (and weaknesses) are and how He can best use me in the future. Now that I know the community, I am excited to take this next step and do much more than I am now.

But, I need you to continue praying and supporting me! In many ways, this year may be even more difficult, as I try to enjoy the people and work as much as I did the first time. Pray specifically that I would find avenues within CAP, the community, and my church to serve and that are a good fit. Pray that I will continue to be provided for financially. Continue to pray for CAP as a whole....so much of why I am staying is tied up in how much I believe and love its mission. Thank you, as always, for your support. Peace.

(these pics are from us taking pics with the hay at my manager's farm...good times!)

1 comments:

Kim said...

Ummmm, so jealous I'm not in that last pic.

PS. My spring break is the last week in March/first week of April. Kentucky, here I come - SPRING BREAK 10, BABY!