CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

August 27, 2009

One step at a time...

I'm going to try to do a better job of blogging. What that probably means is that my entries won't necessarily have stories about exciting things I've done or big events, but more about the daily "stuff." At least I'm going to try...

I'm officially ending my "old" year and transitioning to the new, so I'm trying to make small, productive changes in my life as well. This week, I have started getting up earlier to exercise and have more time in the morning. It's really, really hard for me to just get up when the alarm goes off. In fact, most mornings I don't even realize the alarm has gone off until about the second snooze. I'm definitely not a morning person. But I've realized that just getting up, even if that means at 6:20 instead of my intended 6:00 is a small step toward my goal. I know that once I establish this habit, it won't be so hard to get up....or at least I hope so!!

Also, today at work, I spent the entire day training with Brenda as I will be doing much of the work she is responsible for while she is out with surgery. To be honest, today was a little overwhelming. It's been a while since I've sat at a desk all day putting information in the computer. And there were lots of small steps to make to meet the goal of matching each family with a sponsor. But, as I said before, it will be nice to see this side of things and communicate with the people on the other side of things...those who are spending time and money to pack gifts for the families in our area. Again, I just have to learn things one step at a time....:)

1 comments:

Kim said...

I miss seeing you stumble around in the mornings! :o)

PS. I wake up at 545 these days. Tell Jenna to image how cheerful I am at that hour...