Today, I accomplished one more goal I had set for myself...to win first place (in my age category) in the Bittersweet 5K, inconjuction with the Bittersweet Festival here in Mt. Vernon. This may sound like a lofty goal. However, here in Mt. Vernon, most women my age are not out running...unless they're running after their children. Last year, several of us from CAP ran in the 5K and we all got trophies.....this may sound amazing until you find out we were the only ones in our categories. So..this year, since there were no volunteers age 25-29, I assumed I would be a definite gold finisher. This morning, when we arrived to register, I found out there were 4 runners in my age group....so I was immediately concerned about my odds for finishing first. I was never quite able to determine who I was running against (the bulk of the runners were high school age), but I got first in my age category! Also, two of the volunteers from Jackson, Patrick and Alex, came down and they both placed as well (Patrick got 2nd overall!).
Later, after a big breakfast of pancakes at home, we went to the very-small parade and booths on Main Street. I just love small towns and their festivals! It was a gorgeous day to just relax outside and I enjoyed seeing all the booths with baked goods and other wares.
Also, with Jenna leaving, it was nice to connect with some of my new housemates. With the craziness of the last couple of weeks, we haven't all been home at the same time. So...I was thankful for a day to be at home and spend time with them.
On Monday, my co-worker, Brenda, is returning to work, so I will be able to focus on my job as a caseworker. We also have a very large group from Wisconsin coming to do housing in Jackson County so I may help out with that if needed.
Hope you all have a great week and enjoy the beginning of autumn...don't you love this season?
2016- A Year in (Book) Review
9 years ago
1 comments:
I've been waiting for this post about your big win! I'm a little disappointed there isn't a picture of the trophy.
Please tell me they upgraded from tank tops to shirts this year...
Post a Comment