Well, since my last post, the start of 2010 has come and gone. After a nice Christmas break at home, I headed to Paris for New Year's. I spent some time with Fawn & Ian, Cortney, and Emily. We stayed at Fawn's family's farm and had a bonfire. Several other friends came over as well. It was a perfect start to the new year....relaxed and with great friends in my hometown.
On New Year's Day, I left Tennessee and headed back to my home in Kentucky. I was expecting to move into the new volunteer house, Mt. Vernon House, that evening. However, it took a couple of days to get everything ready, but it's starting to feel like a real home. We still haven't received all of our furniture, but it's come in a little at a time. Thankfully, most of it has been donated. And I have to say that I love living in a smaller house. Eventually this house will hold up to 6 people, but right now it is just me and my housemate Ann. Ann has been here longer than me! She spend 2 years as a volunteer in McCreary County, and is now volunteering with Accounting in Rockcastle County. It is a 2-story house--all the bedrooms are upstairs and the kitchen and living areas are downstairs. I'll have to include pictures, but it's not quite ready yet! We have still been functioning as an extension of Rockcastle....eating dinner with them each night. I'm not sure how long this will continue, but until yesterday we didn't have a table so we couldn't really have everyone over!
Work has been a little slower--mostly I've been re-organizing from the craziness of Christmas! We had so many donations of clothing and toys which is such a help throughout the year....I just need to get to where I can find it! And soon we'll be getting ready for WorkFest..can't wait!
Other news....
* I have signed up to run a half-marathon in May. I have never run more than 3 miles at one time, so this will be a challenge! Maybe I'll even learn to love running. So far the training is going well!
* With the new year, I have decided to make more of an effort to get up early. It really helps me get off to a better start...read my Bible...and not feel groggy for the first 3 hours of the day. I'm getting up a few minutes earlier each day. This has also included coffee....which is helpful :).
* My birthday week was nice...we had alot of snow which was so beautiful and my friend and former housemate, Paul, came to see me on that day. We got alot of work done to the new house and he made me chai tea :) My housemates at Rockcastle also celebrated with dinner. Although I am starting to feel older....I even found a gray hair.
2016- A Year in (Book) Review
9 years ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment