CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

May 3, 2010

Run a half-marathon...check.

Over the weekend, I accomplished a goal I set for myself back in December...to run a half-marathon. I had signed up at that time with a few friends and dreaded it the whole time. A part of me was skeptical that I could actually do it (although my competitive side knew I'd somehow finish). But after months of training and some pain along the way, I successfully ran the entire 13.1 miles without stopping and under 2:10. It made me actually consider doing it again sometime. Crazy. Everyone in our group did really well, despite the thunderstorms prior to our start. We were definitely a little wet (or a lot wet) and sore, but what an accomplishment....


Our group after the race--a little wet!

Also, the Women's Retreat last week was awesome!! My friend, Kelly, came down from Illinois to help out (and run with us on Sunday) and it was so nice to have her around again....just like old times in Family Advocacy. Mrs. Kentucky International came with her daughters (she has several biological children and has also adopted many other young adults) to speak and help with glamour shots. She was awesome and their family was an amazing example of Christian service and true love for others. And, on my end of things, the meals and food prep went great---and I was a lot less stressed this year. Plus, we did a nice dinner on the last night and served the women...it turned out so well!! The retreat is one of my favorite times of the year...our staff enjoys it as much as the women...even though we're tired!

I can't believe that it's already May....my plan so far is to finish my volunteer time in July. Please continue to pray for me as I make decisions about where I'd like to be and what I'd like to do....and that I get a good job. Thank you so much!!

1 comments:

Kim said...

Jenny! I am so proud of you!! You know what happens in May....

I cannot wait to see you!!!!