As I approach 30, I'm sometimes am amazed that I'm going through transition...AGAIN. I'm not sure if it's a blessing or a curse that I have this desire to do something different or move to a new place or (sometimes) do things a little outside of the box. The last few months have been pretty difficult as I've looked for a roommate, looked for a place to live, and adjusted to a job that is new to me and new to those at my workplace. This week I finally felt my life had stopped spinning out of control. I have a new place to live and I really love it, although I'm still unpacking and getting settled, and have a ways to go! And though I really miss living in community, it's nice to have my own space for a little while. I think it's really giving me a chance to regroup and evaluate where I am in life and if I'm meeting the goals and ideals that I hope define me. As I've begun to think about this, I realize that because of this transition, I haven't taken the time to really dig into the community where God has placed me and look for opportunites to better myself, but more importantly get involved in bettering those in my life and in my community. So, hopefully, I can begin to do that this weekend.....maybe a dinner club or a new hobby, a new church, new friends, and new volunteer opportunities...can't wait to see where God leads!
2016- A Year in (Book) Review
9 years ago
2 comments:
Make sure you keep that extra room warm for me :O)
Post a Comment