Since I'm living alone now, I've found it's important to still do things that you would do if you were living with other people. For example, I still try to cook most nights, clean once a week, and plan activities so I'm not just lying on the couch at night feeling sorry for myself (ok, I never do that, but nevertheless...). So, since it's Christmas time, I put up a little tree and have put some of my gifts under it, and pulled out my Christmas decorations. Over the weekend, I made Cranberry Tea, which is a traditional Christmas drink in our family. It makes way more than I will drink alone, so I will have to share it with others. Oh, and it is called "tea," but it really has no tea taste at all...more of a cider. I also made these cookies to go along with it. Plus, it's so cold!! So I've been drinking some every night!!
Here's the recipe:
1 gallon of water, boiling
1 c. sugar (it actually calls for 3 cups, but 1 cup is plenty unless you like things really sweet)
6 regular tea bags OR 2 family size bags
Cover and brew for 6 minutes.
Add: 3 tsp. whole cloves and 3 sticks of cinnamon, tied in a cloth bag.
Let set for 30 minutes, then remove spices. If you don't want to wait or don't have the spices, you can do without, but they do make it better.
Add:
1 6 oz. box cherry jello (I only put in a 3 oz box, and it turned out fine)
1 qt. apple juice
1 qt. cranberry juice
1 6 oz. frozen orange juice (this is half of the normal size container)
1 c. lemon juice
Heat and serve. Store in refrigerator.
2016- A Year in (Book) Review
9 years ago
1 comments:
Sounds delicious! I want to try some. The most I make by myself is chai tea with my Keurig.
Post a Comment