
1. My sweet participant, who is an expert quilter, has been making me a quilt...from some scraps I gave her and some she had. She gave it to me today, and I seriously teared up; it is so pretty! This elderly couple lives on a fixed income, has gone through alot of tough times--including a house burning down and bad health, but they always are positive and always welcoming. I always learn something new when I visit. I have brought visiting donors to their home a few times and they always share how they consider me (and other CAP caseworkers) a part of their family. And I know it's the truth.
2. I bought some plants over the weekend and was given some more plants today (unexpectedly!) from a co-worker. So exciting to have a little green in the apartment! (excuse the fact that they're not potted yet)
3. Made macaroni and cheese today for my co-workers. I was quite rushed this morning with a last-minute donor but I was able to mix it up in a crockpot at work. At lunch I was so happy to sit down to my all-time favorite comfort food coupled with a great salad--it was also a nice splurge from my usual healthy diet! (doesn't the salad balance it out?)
4. I got a few books to read over my travel, and I can't wait to read them. (I know, I'm a dork). But, dang, I have to pack first.
5. And lastly, headed to the Pacific Northwest tomorrow for the wedding of 2 great friends from my first year of volunteering in Kentucky. I'm a part of the bridal party and am so excited to reunite with my friends and celebrate the beginning of their life together!
0 comments:
Post a Comment