This weekend my sweet friend, Kelly, came all the way from Chicago-land to visit me. (Well, I guess also to show her boyfriend Kentucky, a place she called home for a year, but I'll pretend it was just for me!) She is one of those friends who, no matter how long it's been, it feels like we haven't been apart for any amount of time. There are SO many things I appreciate about her, but mainly what a consistent and true friend she is to me. I was so lucky to work with her during my first year in Kentucky because we weathered that transition beautifully together (We lived over an hour apart but spoke almost daily on the phone!). And I'm thankful that we still understand each other so well even as we are at different points in our lives. She always seems to really connect and understand others and is so generous in her acceptance of the people with whom she meets and befriends.
I pray I always remember to thank God for the blessing of friendship and unconditional acceptance. In church, I was reminded of the ultimate acceptance and love God shows us as He knows every single thing about us...good and bad....and still loves us the same.
0 comments:
Post a Comment