This weekend I went to Nashville to celebrate one of the last weekends of singleocity for my childhood (and adulthood) friend, Emily. It was a lot of fun, although I was quite tired! I NEVER stay up that late!
We started the weekend by gathering at our hotel, Union Station. My friends Fawn and Cortney arrived first and I came not long after. They met me in our room, and we decided to go to the other room which was a suite to set some things up before the St. Louis crew (including the bride-to-be) arrived. I walked out of the room and saw the room across ours was propped open on the deadbolt. Assuming it was our second room, I pushed the door open....only to be horrified to see an unknown couple hanging out in their room. Fawn and Cortney hadn't been able to stop me (I'm a fast walker), and we all burst into laughter...at least as soon as I stammered "sorry" and rushed out of the room in embarrassment and horror. Ah, but it was a good start to the weekend.

Saturday we woke up in time to make it for the bridesmaid brunch at a cute place called "The Pfunky Griddle." It's mostly known for pancakes and the cool part is there is an actual griddle in the center of every table where you make your own eggs and pancakes. Emily gave us each jewelry for the wedding and we had a nice meal and time together. Then we headed to the pool to soak up some sunshine (which I realized is the first time this busy summer I've been able to go to the pool. Sad.). After some quality conversation and reminiscing at the poolside, we headed back to the hotel to have a little lingerie shower for Emily. We had decorated the room with pictures from the 80s, 90s, and today. Oh man, I forgot how awkward and ridiculous some of our clothing and hair styles were during that time. She opened some cute gifts and we realized the she and Clay actually do know each other well, as she aced almost every question that Kelley (or, "MOH") had prepared. We also convinced her to wear some typical Bachelorette gear...veil and sash for the night. Each of us also wore flashing red rings and jeweled "tattoos."

We first headed to dinner at Cantina Laredo before heading downtown to a dueling piano bar, called the Big Bang. Emily claimed she didn't want to be the center of attention, but when she was convinced to get on stage for "Rockytop," she did an amazing dance (clog) and really got the crowd into it (not hard to do when Rockytop is played). I think she even enjoyed her performance, as did we!
Then we headed back to our reserved table and had a great time dancing. It was a nice club and very hidden, which was nice. I slept well that night (for a few hours) before heading back home. I think everyone had a great time, especially considering we all did not know one another. We had a beautiful group of ladies (inside and out), and a very fun-filled weekend. Looking forward to the St. Louis wedding in a couple of weeks!

0 comments:
Post a Comment