I love to write down little quotes or sayings I hear...however, I rarely have a pen and paper when I need it! But I want to do better, so I'll try to share a few with you when I come across it. Today in Kentucky Monthly, I read about a girl who was recollecting her summer job at a donut shop.
"Some of them were racist; some were very aggressive about their faith; others were just downright hateful," she said. "But that job taught me that I could feel genuine love for people who were different than me."
I love that, and I can understand that feeling of getting out in the world and encountering those who are completely different than you...in words, actions, and thought. Those experiences have been so valuable in my maturity and I hope I am always in an environment where I can find people in all walks of life, with different experiences, and different beliefs, and that I seek to love them, despite, or maybe because of the differences.
2016- A Year in (Book) Review
9 years ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment