This weekend I was able to truly get into the spirit by enjoying some festivities around our little town. On Friday evening we went to the Berea College Christmas Concert (after a delicious Italian meal at Papaleno's). I really don't think there's a better way to really get in the spirit than to go to a Christmas concert. We heard everything from jazz to bluegrass to African American gospel, and got to join in many Christmas carols ourselves.
The next morning I walked down to College Square where I got some coffee at our local coffee shop and then walked around a few of the shops. My goal was to finish my Christmas shopping starting locally and then hitting a few other department stores in Richmond. As much as I complain about living in a small town, I do love our little shops and I really enjoyed the morning. I even got to meet one of the authors and get her autograph in the book I bought! (plus get some food samples)
Then I spent the rest of my Saturday shopping for Secret Santa gifts and a few small items to finish up my gifts. I even got all my grocery shopping done! I have 3 parties this week, so I had to plan out all the dishes I was going to make as well as the gifts I had to take...but I got them all done and under the tree!!
I had also heard that it was the night of the Christmas parade, and the route passes right in front of our apartment building. I kind of forgot about it and then Erin and I heard the bands!! We rushed downstairs and settled in right outside our building. There were tons of people!! Plus, added bonus was that the little church next door was giving out hot chocolate!! I brought down my camp chair to comfortably enjoy the party, but when the parade began...
![]() |
| (As you can see I was bundled up for winter, even though it was in the 50s!) |
It was great to be a part of the community for once....as it ended we headed upstairs (thankfully we didn't have to battle any traffic) and emptied our pockets to see how much candy we got...
...which brought a smile to our face!








1 comments:
A few things...
1. I remember that Christmas concert as one of the best things we did that year. I'm sad I couldn't go with you!
2. I hope you at a cinnamon roll from BC&T. (I'm assuming that's where you were.)
3. Is that free Chick-fil-a I spy in that pile of candy? Jealous!
4. My dad heard a segment about Berea college on NPR this week. He said they called it one of the best colleges in the country. I miss that place... I can't wait to come visit this summer!!
Post a Comment