CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

March 8, 2012

Day 13 & 14

Day 13: Yesterday I got most of the day off because I had worked the night before. It was a gorgeous day, so I enjoyed a Lenten lunch and a run in the afternoon after taking a very short nap, and caught up on some work, so I still felt super productive! I LOVE when I am off on weekdays because it feels like the day is all mine, since everyone else is working (hopefully that didn't sound too selfish, it's just my introverted side surfacing!)

Day 14: Today I spent the day working on a crew in Clay County and going to Family Night. The lady whose house we were working on works as a cook at a local boarding school Oneida Baptist Institute (OBI). When she told me this, I immediately complimented their salad (they have this amazing homemade dressing and I really look forward to eating it!). She just smiled shyly and didn't really say anything (a little awkward since I was so passionate about just a side salad!). Later that evening, we had our Family Night hosted at OBI. It was announced that she is the creator of this salad, so the compliment had really meant something to her that morning! And I got to enjoy 2 bowls of it!! She was sitting across from me, and told me she didn't want to say anything that morning...so humble. She and her family were such deserving participants of our help...super hard workers and she got up early every morning before going to her job to make the crew a homemade lunch. And...I got to work on her house today with my good friend, Paul. All in all, a great day!

1 comments:

Kim said...

Ohhhh... I want an Ale8 right now. And a warm donut. And a Paul and a Jenny.