Today was a crazy weather day. I had heard about the possibility of storms today, but didn't pay a whole lot of attention to their fear as it seems the weather alerts are sometimes overstated around here (and probably because I've been in so many in my life!). Then, we started hearing about all the school closings because of the weather (which I still think it pretty ridiculous as it didn't hit until later that evening). However, I was at camp so we were without consistent news coverage...and it was sunny! We ended up leaving later than expected (next week is WorkFest so we're at crunch time to get it ready for all the college students), and got back to town right in the middle of a dangerous line of storms and tornado warnings (one of my co-workers left later and actually drove through some of it). I ended up staying at my friend's house who I had carpooled with that morning since my apartment is on the second floor. We spent over an hour in the bathroom during the multiple warnings but besides some hail, we did not have any tornadoes touch down around us. So I'm so thankful God protected our area from anything worse, and that I had a place to go.
2016- A Year in (Book) Review
9 years ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment