First of all, if you don't live in KY, you have no idea the craziness that has taken place this year as a result of a winning basketball season. I'm pretty sure it's all they live for around here, and it makes me want to be a UK fan even less. And, though I love watching sports and supporting my teams, and will fully admit that there are many sports fans, from all teams(including mine), that take it a little overboard, this takes the cake:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2123534/Kentucky-students-riot-basketball-team-beats-Louisville-NCAA-Final-Four.html.
And I thought you were supposed to celebrate when you win, not destroy things. Or maybe wear your favorite team's shirt in celebration or fly your flags high on your car, not burn them. I guess I am grateful that the UK fans I was with only burned a few smaller things, not the car that we were driving home. You got to find something to be thankful for, right?
I'm glad that game is over. Just imagine what would have happened if they lost.
Anybody ready for baseball??
I'm also thankful for the start of Holy Week. With the celebration of Palm Sunday today and communion, I hope this week will provide an opportunity for remembrance of Jesus' teaching and ministry, as well as a time for personal confession and rejoicing.
2016- A Year in (Book) Review
9 years ago
2 comments:
OOOOOOOOOOOOH C-A-T-S CATS CATS CATS!!!!!
ALL WE DO IS WIN WIN WIN!
Post a Comment