CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

November 4, 2012

A Great Cloud of Witnesses

Today is recognized by many churches as All Saints' Day, as it was at our church service today (although I was at first a little confused as to why we were celebrating those who had died this year along with the ringing of a gong). However, in my afternoon bible study and debriefing of the sermon (which was excellent), I was reminded how fortunate I am to have GENERATIONS of Christian leadership and faith in my family. I am so thankful...

For my parents and grandparents who pray(ed) for me and with me. For passing down lessons of faith, hard work, patriotism, and love for others. For those watching me from Heaven. For those Sunday School teachers who patiently taught me Bible stories and Bible verses. For my teachers who taught me critical thinking skills and to check my sources. For those grandparent-like ladies in my little Baptist church who gave me stuffed animals, sewed me Easter dresses, made my favorite chocolate cake on my birthday, drove me on mission trips in the old church bus, cut my picture out of the newspaper...and who still pray for me. For my friends' parents who fed me countless meals and provided a safe place for us to "play," and counted me as one of their own when I was in their homes. For all my co-workers along the way who have made me work a little harder. For my sports and music coaches who taught me perseverance and to always try to be a little better.

Thank you. May I live in such a way that I may someday pass along the legacy.

0 comments: