CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

March 18, 2013

WorkFest reunion

The month of March is a busy one in these parts. While college students are taking a break from school for spring break, we prepare for their arrival, by offering an alternative spring break, WorkFest. Students come for that week to do home repair in different counties in Kentucky. This year I've been a little less involved because of my other commitments, but nevertheless it requires me to do some hosting and helping at our camps where they are housed. Last week, one of my friends, Paul, who I lived with as a long-term volunteer, was here with his school where he works in Campus Ministry.

It was really nice to catch up with him. Each time I get to reunite with one of my friends who are part of my CAP family (which has happened as of late), I am reminded how blessed we are to have one another, even though distance separates us. We'll never get that time back (tear), but learning to live with them, eat with them, serve with them, cry with them, snuggle with them, fight with them, pray with them, and miss them has forever influenced the rest of my life, and taught me how important (and often difficult!) true, genuine, nonjudgmental Christian community really is, and I'm thankful I got to experience it.

2 comments:

Kim said...

Ahhh we're all growing up so fast.

PS. When did we ever argue? :P

Paul said...

That's me!