CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

February 11, 2014

Who is the Jesus you need today?

The winter is hard. I know this is the understatement of the year for most of us since it's been so dang cold, but on an emotional level as well. In the winter is Christmas followed by the beginning of the new year followed by my birthday and a reminder of another year older. Then....it's cold and dreary. Then, it's Valentine's Day. The last few months, I've been flat out lonely, and I've missed my long-distance friends and family like crazy. But, if I'm honest and try to see the big picture, I know God is allowing me to have real time to learn about myself, my faith, and what I'm supposed to be doing with it. And I'm trying real hard to take advantage. But, I do tend to get a little distracted sometimes...oftentimes...so I think God has to force me into these phases whether I like it or not.

Over the weekend, I attended a local gathering of the IF: Gathering. As expected, it was awesome. (You can still join in the conversation.)

We talked about Jesus.

Over the last few weeks in our Youth series, we've been talking about Jesus. Like why he came to earth, how he chose to die for us, and what that means to us. It's been refreshing to see this story revealed in new ways through the eyes of my high school girls.

Then, today I read John 1. 

Guess what keeps coming up? That Jesus was human. HUMAN. (God, too, but also human). He cried, laughed, was angry, sad, lonely...and single (and older than the "average marrying age"). Sometimes his friends disappointed him, and OFTEN they didn't understand him. He had a very difficult calling/purpose and incredible pressure.

Sometimes I forget those sides of him.....but this winter, that's exactly the Jesus I need....

0 comments: