Today I walked into work, after my long weekend, to news that one of my students committed suicide. Last week I went to the funeral of one of my former students who was killed in a car accident. Both times I found myself realizing how we take for granted the time we have with our friends and family. So I've really made a concerted effort to find the time to go to coffee with a friend or answer a phone call, regardless of my busy schedule. And, especially at work, when we often have deadlines and meetings and paperwork, to take the time to stop for a child that needs to talk or to take time to walk through the hallways. I pray we all take the time to care for others and be a light...
2016- A Year in (Book) Review
9 years ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment