CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

January 7, 2008

Happy New Year!..and happy birthday to ME!

So, I begin my new year after my birthday (that way I can eat as much cake as I'd like), which means this week I had to think about resolutions. Except I've never been very good at them, so I don't make them. BUT...I do think the new year gives me a chance to truly think about making a fresh start. And I've been thinking about that a lot. As a single (and very independent, I might add) woman, I have the opportunity to control virtually everything about my life and make my own decisions without consulting other people (Don't worry, I rarely actually do this). So, I've been thinking about what that means....how can I use this time as a single to take risks I won't be able to make once I'm married without consulting with my spouse? What goals would I like to accomplish at this time in my life? What are my passions? How can I effectively "make it count" (my roommate's daily advice to me as I go out the door)? What changes do I need to make so that I don't regret slipping into mediocrity?
I'm not ready to share my answers and I definitely don't have most of them, but I've started by doing the following....
-Keeping a journal....mostly it's a prayer and thoughts journal, not so much a recount of the news in my life, but it really helps and encourages me to reflect each day
-Invested in a good pair of running shoes
-Started reading more...like the newspaper and fiction books, in addition to my usual personal growth ones
-Try new things and ask more questions....I'm so TIRED of doing the same thing every night/weekend with the same people...so I really want to challenge myself to get out and DO more and ask the deep, open-ended questions that lead to real, honest answers and develop real relationships...

0 comments: