A very popular resolution that people make is to get in shape and eat healthy. Although I always become more conscious of these health issues at this time, it really has more to do with the guilt I feel after the holidays (I have very little self-control when it comes to food, especially sweets), not my desire to make any major changes in my exercise habits. This year I did not make any goal about my health, except to buy new running shoes so I could run with my 2 friends at work and because I really needed new shoes.
However, a group of ladies at work did make this goal. And our JROTC teacher created a boot camp. When I was out running, they invited me to join the group the next day. So, mostly out of my competitive spirit and enjoyment of outdoor activities, I did.
I had no idea what I was getting into. I should have listened to the words "Boot Camp." It's hard. I'm tired. And I'm very sore....and it's only the 2nd day. BUT....I'm very excited about the results I'll see. Because I NEED this. I just didn't know how much.
So, here's to resolutions others make....it's amazing the positive results that can happen when you surround yourself with other people who set goals and work to accomplish them.....sometimes it rubs off a little bit...
2016- A Year in (Book) Review
9 years ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment