CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

February 15, 2008

The Lord has taken the last week to remind me that HE is my inheritance and my strength (Psalm 16). So often we depend on ourselves or other material belongings, even other people for validation and identity.

After hearing about and seeing the devastation of Union, I was so sad. But those students, some who lost all their material possessions, praised God that no one was killed. I remember all the lessons learned and friends made during my time at Union and am thankful that those memories cannot be taken away. And that UU will come out stronger because of this storm.

Then this week, I became very sick with a flu-like virus. I rarely get sick, and take my health for granted. But I was unable to work or really do anything for several days. But, you know what? Life went on and my school didn't shut down because I wasn't there.

So, I'm reminded today that I must trust in God as my provider and my strength.

0 comments: