CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

March 5, 2008

What to listen to on the radio...

Because of my long commute each day, I often listen to music on the radio. Usually my fingers float between the local pop/hip-hop stations and country stations. Lately, the hip-hop music on the radio has disturbed me more than usual. It seems that every song is referring to how a woman moves, making love, or other sexual references to the opposite sex's body. Not only is it degrading to women (most of the time), it reflects the casual observance of sex that is so rampant in our society. As I walk through the halls in the high school where I work, I am more often than not shocked at the audacity that the young men have in their approaches to girls. And I am so aware of how this music affects the listener....so here's to watching what I listen to, and being aware of its effect..

1 comments:

E said...

It is crzy how much high school has changed...just in the short time since we were there!