CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

August 5, 2008

Back on the job...

Today was a big day at my new job! I started out with my DRIVING TEST. This may not seem like a big deal, but it was a big truck with a camper top. I began talking with my instructor and he was telling me all about the caves in the area (apparently there are lots, and limestone is plentiful here). So he took me out to see some....which meant driving down some country roads....dirt, one-lane roads where over 20 families live...and I had just started driving this large vehicle! Then, I had to learn how to park! This took more than an hour as I had to back into the space both ways perfectly...using only side mirrors. But, he said I did well, so now I'll be driving this truck all over Rockcastle county..pray I don't back over any animals or people!! :)
Then..we had Christmas basket sign-ups. (If anyone is interested in sponsoring a family, let me know ASAP!) When I got back to the office after my test, there were people lined up out the door. The word definitely gets out!! By the end of the day, I had over 20 messages, mostly people asking for assistance. And it's only my second day! Guess I'll be busy :).

Below are pics of the truck and the Volunteer House...


1 comments:

In Transition said...

Wow, so you´ve made it! Your house is actually really pretty. And, I always knew you were a truck girl. :) Blessings on you my friend.