CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

September 12, 2008

What goes around comes around..

As many of you know, my sweet little Saturn has had some trouble over the last year. I tried to get everything fixed and checked before I left North Carolina, but last week, I once again had car trouble. My serpentine belt flew off while I was driving (sounded like an animal running around in my engine)..this caused my A/C, power steering, battery power, and who knows what else to mess up. I called one of my housemates and she came and followed me home. Since I don't drive my car every day, I wasn't too concerned and knew I didn't have the money to deal with it at the moment. Well...on Wednesday I was out visiting one of our county elementary schools, and saw what looked to be a nice auto parts store (this is also the first one I had noticed at all in the area). So I stopped and told them what I needed. They looked up the part and then I asked them if this was a difficult problem to fix. There were 2 guys around my age that were also in the store that said they would stop by to make sure it was the right part and see if maybe it needed a tensioner also. (I know, I know....don't worry I called my housemate, Paul, to come meet us at the house so I'd be safe :)). So, they came out and checked it out and determined I needed the other part. Then, the guy (who works on and rebuilds cars for a living) told me he had seen that I worked for CAP. He said, "You know, our family wouldn't have had Christmas several years when I was child if it wasn't for you all. So I really want to help you out with your car." So, after I got the other part, he came by last night and installed the parts....and didn't charge me. What a blessing!! (He was also interested in hanging out another time, but that's a story for another day...)

0 comments: