I just got to my parents' house here in Dyersburg last night. I slept for close to 12 hours straight! This week was crazy...I went to each county's distribution to help out. They all went very well, with the week ending with my distribution in Rockcastle county on Friday. The service was very nice...from the music to the speaker. Then we began the distribution. Each family went through the line to check in, receive their voucher (for food for a Christmas dinner), and their thank-you note to send to their sponsor. We had a few mix-ups in boxes, but overall it was very successful! I had lots of wonderful "elves" who helped carry the boxes to the cars. I put in a LONG day and finished up Saturday morning before I drove home (about a 6-hour drive). Thanks to all who prayed for this endeavor...although I worked VERY hard, it was worth it! May you all have a chance to give to others who need our help this Christmas!!
Now, time for vacation...and lots of needed sleep!
2016- A Year in (Book) Review
9 years ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment