I hope that all of you are having a wonderful Easter and contemplating the sacrifice, power, and joy of Easter. As I've gotten older, I've wondered why we as Christians place so much emphasis on Christmas, when the most important holiday really is Easter. Without it, we probably wouldn't celebrate Christmas. So I hope we all take time away to thank and praise our Savior this weekend, and look beyond the candy and Easter eggs...
This Easter weekend has been very nice and relaxing. A few of our housemates went home, so we've had a small group. But it still feels like I'm spending Easter with my family. Because we've become like a family...we know each other really well and love each other like brothers and sisters. We eat together, play together, work together...and consequently we really know each other. And we share a common faith....we each believe in the same God and Savior, and I am so thankful to have this community. We are all beginning to look for jobs/future plans so I hope to cherish the time I have with my friends here in CAP... keep us in your prayers...this is not an easy time to be job-hunting!
So I'm looking forward to cooking tonight and sharing Easter dinner with those who have become like my family (although we'll miss those not here!)....and I hope each of you can do the same.
2016- A Year in (Book) Review
9 years ago
1 comments:
This picture is totally staged! Is that McDonald's I see in the background?
Post a Comment