CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

November 1, 2009

Halloween and such....

Well, I hope each of you is coming down from your candy-induced sugar high. I made pumpkin cookies (thanks to April Butcher's recipe) and have eaten way too many! We took a trip to the "east side" to the Floyd Co. volunteer house for a Halloween party. There were lots of great costumes, and we all had fun (or at least our house did) coming up with great ideas and helping one another put together costumes! Here's a picture of our house.. (can you find me?)

I'm afraid I have not completely escaped sickness...I woke up this morning with a sore throat. However, I feel ok so please continue to pray that I feel better by Thursday when I leave for El Salvador. I am really looking forward to this vacation and to seeing Ginger as she begins this next part of her life!

As far as work, the boxes are coming in and I am getting ready for Christmas! This week, Rich & Barb, a couple from Florida, are coming to volunteer through Christmas. They come each year and I am excited to have company at work! They are tons of help, and just wonderful people. I'm planning on posting some pictures soon as our storage space fills up with boxes and goodies. I'm also going to do another small distribution of the "extra" stuff we have donated for families who did not sign up in time....we'll see how it goes! It's a little more work for me, but will be helpful in the long run, so that the donated gifts are used for their intended purpose.

Anyway...here's a few more October pics since I haven't been good at posting any :)

Amanda, me, and Sarah at the Respite Luau Dance


Bittersweet parade-watching (girls from Rockcastle, Patrick from Jackson, Alex from McCreary)

0 comments: