About a month ago, I randomly decided I would make a quilt for Ginger and Ramfis for their wedding gift. At the time, I had no idea how much time this would take. Sarah, one of my housemates, has a little experience with sewing and quilting, so she offered to teach me the steps. We borrowed a sewing machine from one of our participants and began the project. After a long trip to the fabric store, I finally settled on 3 colors and begin cutting the pieces. Then, each weekend I would set a goal for how much I would have done. Many of my friends weren't sure I could finish in less than a month. Some days I wasn't sure. But, you know me, I'm a goal setter. So, I finished....and it looked really good!! Here is a picture of the finished product...
It was so exciting to give it to Ginger. She said she'd always wanted someone to make her a quilt. And I learned what happens when I really set my mind to something. Hmmm, I wonder what's next. Maybe a half-marathon??
More to come about the wedding....it was a blast! :)
2016- A Year in (Book) Review
9 years ago
2 comments:
Jenny,
That quilt is beautiful! Kudos to you. I've had a bug lately about learning to quilt, so I decided to take a beginning quilt class in January. I'm so excited :-)
Jenny the quilt looks awesome. I'm so proud of you. That is a lot of work and you did a super job!
Post a Comment