Well, it's Sunday afternoon, so as my housemate, Sarah, says, I'm "enjoying the Sabbath." Marilyn, another housemate, is making her weekly Sunday soup for all of us....so that should be ready soon. We have 11 people in our house now, including an older couple who are working with me, Rich and Barb. They come every year from Florida to help with Christmas baskets, and they are a joy to have around. They create chaos in my building because they are such hard workers, but that's ok because they are alot of help. We have more families than ever this year which means more boxes and less space. If they weren't here to help me, I would be greatly stressed with trying to figure out where to put the boxes.
I'm excited about Thanksgiving this year. I have 3 friends coming in who were former volunteers...Kim, Jenna, and Kelly. I really miss each of them, so it will be a nice reunion. Plus, we're having 10 people at our Thanksgiving dinner on Thursday evening. Everyone is pitching in, so I know we'll have plenty of good food...and we're having fried turkey! (I was skeptical the first time, too, but it's really good and not greasy!)
I'll try to keep you updated as we prepare for Christmas over the next few weeks, with our distribution on Dec. 18. I hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving....we are so blessed!
2016- A Year in (Book) Review
9 years ago
2 comments:
very useful read. I would love to follow you on twitter. By the way, did anyone know that some chinese hacker had busted twitter yesterday again.
great post. I would love to follow you on twitter. By the way, did anyone hear that some chinese hacker had hacked twitter yesterday again.
Post a Comment