This week I'm getting ready for next week: Distribution Week. Each county will distribute hundreds of boxes to families who might not otherwise have Christmas gifts. As the caseworker for my county, I am in charge of organizing this effort in Rockcastle County. Needless to say, it's a little stressful. I'm wrapping lots of gifts. Carrying lots of boxes. Making last minute phone calls. Sending out letters. Verifying the details of our Christmas service. Sifting through many generous "extra" gifts from our sponsors. Sifting through these boxes again. And again. Making lists of things to buy. And looking through the shelves and boxes again. Filling multiple carts at Wal-Mart with gifts for our families. Distributing these to families in our county and in the other distressed counties that we serve. Loading and unloading my truck.
And...it's my favorite part of the year. I'm so excited for next week! And then I go to the great Volunteer State :)
Hope you are all having a simple and beautiful Christmas season!
2016- A Year in (Book) Review
9 years ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment