CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

March 31, 2010

Happy Easter--a few days early!

I am excited about Easter. I mean, it's the most important holiday of the year for Christians...it's why we're Christian. So, I hope you all are able to reflect on the meaning of this holiday. Last Sunday, our pastor preached on Psalm 22 as it is a foreshadowing of what Jesus felt during the crucifixion. (You should read it.) Jesus actually quoted part of this psalm from the cross. He also encouraged us to read a version of the crucifixion each day this week.

As I read the accounts, it has reminded me of how much he really loves each of us, and the agony He went through. It's appalling to think of the characters and motivation (jealousy) for the crucifying of Jesus..who was completely innocent. We all have read and heard of the miracles and parables of Jesus that brought salvation to many. But, last night as I was reading out of Mark, I was struck by how even the soldiers around him were brought to salvation just watching him as he was dying (Mark 15:39). Do we point others to Christ when we are at our worst?? When we're sick? upset? depressed? mistreated?

**And, as a side note, I get to have desserts again this weekend. I'm planning on getting a piece of cake from this special place. Happy Easter!**

1 comments:

Kim said...

I recall a certain piece of Chef's Market cake enjoyed last year during Easter... :)