Well, the month of March has definitely been full of madness...on and off the basketball court. I hope all of you filled out your brackets and are enjoying the games this weekend. My bracket was doing so well the first day, but sadly, I'm afraid it is not at the top anymore :). However, it's all a game, and I was so excited to get fellow volunteers, who would normally not watch sports, to follow the games...they are so into it!! Lovin' it..
Well, this week wrapped up my part in WorkFest. And it ended very well....I went to Camp AJ on Monday night (I didn't go up until Tuesday the other weeks) so that I could work on a site on Tuesday. I am so glad that I did. I got to work on the roof of a house in Clay County for a couple who were so hospitable and deserving. Our crew, the "Purple Crew," worked on a new deck, siding, new roof, and completely tore up and relaid the foundation and floor for one of the bedrooms. I love working on the roof...I think it has something to do with being up high when normally I don't get that kind of view :). Unfortunately, toward the end of our work day, one of our crew leaders and my friend, Allen, got very sick with a stomach virus. He was so sick that he ended up staying at my house in Mt Vernon since my housemate and I were not there. Fortunately, he recovered within a day and was able to return to camp on Thursday evening. The rest of the week, I helped with "donut duty" and pictures on Wednesday...receiving the title of Donut Princess. A fellow volunteer offered to do the slideshow which was a great relief for me as it is very time-consuming to complete in the last 2 days. So my last few days at camp were very enjoyable..we had great weather and the group this week was awesome!
At the end of each week of WorkFest, students and leaders are given the chance to share about their experience. It always takes me back to realize what a life-changing week this often is for college students. And I get to do it every day. So often, I get stuck in doing the daily tasks or being in a small town or thinking about what I'm going to do next....and I forget what a blessing this time in my life is. I get to be part of a community of Christians who have a servant heart. I get to do really meaningful work. And I get to be in a part of the world that is really beautiful. How great is that?!
May God give you "new eyes" for your work today...whatever and wherever it is.
2016- A Year in (Book) Review
9 years ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment