By far the most difficult part of the past two years (for me) has been saying good-bye to the friends I've made. What makes it even harder is having to welcome new housemates while you're trying to spend time with those that are leaving. This summer is no exception. This weekend I will say good-bye to 2 housemates who have lived with me all year, and one who has been a nice addition to our house over the past couple of weeks. So it's very sad! It hasn't quite sunk in that they won't be coming over every night to watch the Bachelorette or So You Think You Can Dance? with me. And as I say good-bye to them, I think about all the past volunteers who have also left. This transition is hard to explain to those of you outside of CAP because though I've had the same "job" since I've been in Kentucky and been in the same town and same house, my living situation and those that sit around the dinner table with me changes sometimes weekly. (Particularly here in our volunteer house since we have more turnover with short-term volunteers and prospective volunteers than other houses.) And I have no choice in who ends up in the house with me, so it's a constant adjustment...please keep all the volunteers in your prayers, particularly those looking for jobs as it's still a difficult job market.
So, if you want to know what my summer looks like....it's that. I'm trying to spend time with those volunteers who I've connected with over the past year who are leaving in the next month or so. And, I'm adjusting to the new people in our house (went from 2 people to 6 people this week). And, I'm figuring what my life will look like when I move out of the volunteer house in a little over a month....
But, on a more encouraging note, my sister, Amy, is coming today to visit!! I'm so excited to see her!
2016- A Year in (Book) Review
9 years ago
1 comments:
I remember saying goodbye to Kim, Paul, and Dana around this time last year and having A LOT of difficulty with it. I'll be praying for you because of how difficult it is to always have people transitioning in and out of Rockcastle. Have fun hanging out with Amy, though!
Post a Comment