
One of the items on my list was to do something "crafty." When I originally added this, I had no idea what I was going to do. I remembered a year ago when I made a quilt in a short amount of time, so I was confident I could do something. I thought back to all my little projects as a child...one year I took up cross-stitching, another I decided I was going to start making wreaths, painting, calligraphy....maybe there is a bit of creativity tucked away somewhere from years ago. It just takes time to sit down and do it. As my birthday neared, I began to realize I better get going. Since the holiday season was approaching, I decided to make my Christmas cards! At first I thought this would also save me money, but really this isn't the case as now I have become quite addicted to my Hobby Lobby trips and purchasing all the supplies can add up! (When I enter that store, I just start imagining all the crafty things I could do!) I decided since this was my first attempt at card-making, I would keep it simple. So, I did. My cards turned out nice, although definitely nothing extravagant. But, it has inspired me to make cards more often, plus I love sending people mail; I just don't do it enough....and I'm hoping to turn this into a consistent hobby!
2 comments:
I love making cards too Jenny! And I'm right there with you with how my "crafty-ness" increases as soon as I walk into the craft store...haha
On an unrelated note, I just make a batch of pumpkin cookies! They're my new favorite!
Post a Comment