CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

October 29, 2011

The Case of the Missing Dress

Although I hate to bore you with yet another story of stolen mail, I just couldn't resist. Plus, it's so ridiculous, it doesn't seem real. Yet, true it is.

Last week, I was scheduled to receive my order for a bridesmaid dress for my friend, Fawn's, wedding. Because the chosen dress was on sale, it was important that we order quickly before any sizes were sold out or the sale price changed. I actually ended up ordering 2 sizes since Nordstrom offered free returns, to make sure I got the size that fits best. Yes, that's twice the cost.

I tracked my package and noticed it was supposed to arrive on Wednesday. But, alas, when I got home, there was no package. When I checked my email that evening, I noticed, ironically, it was delivered at 2:00 that afternoon. Hmm. After coming close to tears over my frustration at another, and much more expensive and important, package being stolen, I (along with the clear advice from Fawn, who was so helpful!) resolved myself to the fact that I would deal with it the following morning with UPS and Nordstrom, with confident hope that at least I could get something back for my lost, a.k.a. stolen, package.

First, I must congratulate Nordstrom on their wonderful customer service. I was not put on hold when I called and, without question, they offered to resend the dresses at no cost, promising that they would take care of the lost shipment. I gave them my work address, very thankful that I would get the dress and not be out any money.

THEN, last night (I was not home), my roommate left our apartment around 9:30 p.m. and returned in the early morning hours to the surprise of seeing the 2 dresses, in their clear packaging, laying in front of our apartment door. Now, I should back up and tell you, that you can only get completely into our building through a locked door by using a key or getting buzzed in by a resident. They were not in the front entryway where our other packages, including this one, have been stolen, or where some random person from the street could return them. They were also not in the packaging with the address label or even a note explaining the mysterious appearance of 2 dresses at our door.

The good part? At least the person taking this package seemed to have felt bad about it and somewhat repentant.....or she (or he?) just didn't wear my size. 


1 comments:

Kim said...

I think the guy who tried it on just decided it wasn't his color.