Well, I am not motivated at all to blog! But, I am going to push through and give you an update on the first week of the new year. I've gone back and forth throughout my life in making resolutions and not believing in doing them. I am a goal-oriented person, for sure. However, I just like to make goals all the time, not just once a year...and I hate to fail (which is so easy when you make unrealistic goals)! Plus, the beginning of January is my birthday week/month, so I like to wait until after that to make difficult (and not fun!) changes like working out every day and never eating sweets (hello, birthday cake!). Plus, many people find this month a bit depressing after the Christmas let-down and having to make all those life-changes at once only makes it worse! So, as I thought about making goals this month, I'm going to try to just get back to the goals I continually made and updated over the past few months. Like most of us, I didn't stick to these over the busy and not-so-healthy month of December. I'll try to do better.
I have also decided to focus a little...pick a vision or word for my life. I've chosen not to share all these online, BUT I will say I am currently reading "One Thousand Gifts." I had heard great reviews on it, so I wanted to check it out. Often, I don't like books like this that tend to be "touchy/feely" and not always practical, but it's SO good!! Ann is an excellent and creative writer and the gist of the book is that she was challenged to write down 1000 things she was thankful for.....that dare ends up teaching her much more. So, I have also decided to do the same over this year...learn to be completely grateful even when the "good" is hard to see. I hope you will consider finding a way to be more thankful and grateful...we all have so many reasons to be.
I am filled with hope and expectation as I think about 2012!! Good luck on all your resolutions!!
2016- A Year in (Book) Review
9 years ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment