CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

February 28, 2012

Day 6: A Walk

One of the things I appreciate about my job is that my level of stress is usually manageable. Also, our Human Resources department tries to find ways to encourage health and just overall wellness (which needs to be encouraged in this part of the country!). Therefore, a few years ago, they began allowing staff to take 30 min, three times a week to exercise "on the clock.". Honestly, I don't take advantage of this like I should and it's difficult to find options that I want to do at work sometimes. But today the weather was awesome--sunny and 60's!! So, I decided I would walk around in this "valley" area we have where many of our programs are located. I cannot tell you how nice it was to get out of the office and into the sun for about 20 minutes. I had invited some co-workers but they weren't able to come, which actually ended up being a nice time to think and pray. I have a hard time praying for long amounts of time (and sometimes short amounts of time), but I can always think of how faithful my mom is to pray when she walks (every day for much longer than 20 min!). So, I took time to say a quick prayer for each program I passed, as well as some friends who are on my heart. It was so refreshing to get me through the remainder of a long day!

0 comments: