Day 31: I took the day off yesterday--from overtime--and had lots of plans. Though I didn't get to sleep in, I did accomplish one important goal of heading to my favorite little pottery-Tater Knob. The weather was GORGEOUS, and it's a nice 15 minute ride out into the foot of the mountains. You literally pass by little white churches, see the pinnacles of the mountains, and drive over a creek and down a gravel road to get there. Sarah, one of the owners, was happy to see me, and offered me a cup of coffee (I'm not a huge coffee drinker, but her coffee is really amazing!) and pastries as I browsed the shop. I love going there, and I love her products. Although I spent way too much time there, I was glad I took the time to visit. If you're ever here, you should go!
Day 32: Today was the first day since WorkFest that my manager and I actually had time to sit down and work on some items for our program...staff meetings, questions, budget, etc. After lunch, I asked her if we could meet and she agreed. I could not bear the thought of sitting in my office when the sun was out and temps are in the 70s, so we went out to our new park bench and met there. It was SO nice and I love those times when work doesn't feel like it. I love working with her, since we are also friends, and I'm thankful that we have that kind of relationship...where I can kick off my shoes on the front lawn of our office building and chat :). (Actually, I feel like we got alot more done that way!)
2016- A Year in (Book) Review
9 years ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment