There are not a ton of things that I get overly passionate about. But in the past year, I've read more blogs and books and focused more on healthiness as a whole. I think this stems from the fact that a) it's really popular to care about this right now because our country as a whole in not in good health, and b) I was not very healthy as a volunteer and needed to make some changes, plus I have more money and control over my lifestyle now, so the timing was right. Because it's on my mind, I talk about it alot. I try not to be annoying or too assertive as this is a choice for each individual and not for me to tell them (which around here wouldn't matter anyway). At work, though, many of my co-workers are not as focused on this, or choose to live a little differently. So, I've made it my mission to gradually open them up to new ideas and activities. As we often eat together, it naturally comes up around the foods we choose to eat, and they listen about the recent thing I read patiently. Today, I got two of my older volunteers to do a short workout video with me. I was totally shocked that they agreed to do it--usually they make fun of me when I close my door to do yoga! The video is actually a little tough so I was so proud of them for making it through!! And it totally made my day for them to step out of their comfort zone and do it with me (although they'll probably curse me when they're sore tomorrow!).....I love encouraging others to be healthier :)
2016- A Year in (Book) Review
9 years ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment