CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

April 6, 2012

Day 38 & 39

Day 38: Mandatum

The cast of Mandatum
Our church did a presentation of the Easter story, along with several musical selections (our choir was really good!) for Maundy Thursday. (Mandatum is the Latin word for "commandment" and Maundy Thursday commemorates the Lord's Supper and feet-washing, when Jesus commands his followers to "love one another.") I wasn't super excited about being a part of this because of the extra time required, but also didn't want to say no to being asked to do it. But, it ended up being a very meaningful time for our church and those who came out to see it (it was the first time our church had done any performance like this to my knowledge). I played the part of one of the women who followed Jesus at the crucifixion and also found his tomb empty. Though I had a difficult time with the emotion required for these scenes, it really helped me identify with what it must have been like (on a much smaller scale) to be there when it all happened, and to actually imagine seeing someone killed like that in such a horrific way....and someone you worshiped and loved. Very moving.

Day 39: Keeneland
Winning ticket!
I was off of work today for Good Friday, so Erin and I made plans to attend the opening day of Keeneland, which is the horse racetrack in Lexington. It was a little chilly today, but ended up being a great day to be there. I love the atmosphere of Keeneland; I think it's such a representative part of Lexington and the Bluegrass area of Kentucky. Plus, I love making my little $2 bets on a horse and cheering for him or her to win!! Fortunately, I left with more money than I came in with, so that was a treat!!

0 comments: