CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

April 7, 2012

Day 40!!

I cannot believe that Lent is over and we are celebrating Easter in the morning! I hope that you all are able to attend a church or parish, and truly leave feeling joyful on this special day. I'm looking forward to ours!

A few thoughts from Lent:
-I read and did the devotionals from the book A Place at the Table: 40 Days of Solidarity with the Poor. I am so glad that I did it, and thankful I spent some time before Lent deciding how I would devote extra time to God during Lent. Some days it was a quick read; others I was able to spend more time thinking about it and praying. The book was EXCELLENT, and reminded me even more how Jesus' ministry was focused around the "lowly"...not the popular, the government or religious leaders, but those that no one noticed or that others looked down on....I think God also wants us to do the same, to find ways to minister to the poor and unnoticed in our world.
-I also made a commitment to be more thankful (as you know) and to try to spend less on food in order to be more generous in other areas. This was harder than I expected and I didn't do as well toward the end as I could have, but overall, I was able to see how I could eat on less money and eat out less. I want to continue to be able to do this, while still be healthy. (But you know, fruits and veggies aren't usually too expensive!)
-As for the blogging thing, some days I really struggled to come up with something I was thankful for...how SAD! I may continue to blog about this occasionally, as we can never be too thankful, for we have been blessed and given much. And as I was challenged in One Thousand Gifts, the practice of recognizing each small gift is one that changes our entire perspective and life.
-I also read 2 of the gospels to remember the story of Jesus. It was so refreshing to do this; I found new things throughout the story. I hope to do this each year.

I am so thankful to celebrate the story of Jesus tomorrow, and what the salvation He brought means to me. I hope you all also have a meaningful and blessed Easter!

0 comments: