CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

April 21, 2012

Wedding at St. George

Last weekend I was a part of Fawn and Ian's wedding. They decided to have a small wedding on the beach on St. George Island (which I would highly recommend as a vacation spot!). It was a beautiful place for a wedding (not "touristy"), and the wedding party, guests, and family members (all totaling less than 50) stayed nearby for a few days, which allowed it to be a bit of a vacation for everyone, too. Many of us stayed in the main beach house (which was also where the rehearsal dinner and reception took place) which was just across the way from the beach.

 The first night we went to a local bar/restaurant (there were only a few restaurants on the island), where we got to experience some pretty-awful karaoke. Picture two very-young-looking college boys singing a Nicki Minaj's "Starships" song in monotone, followed by a group of middle-aged men singing "Friends in Low Places" at 3 different tempos and tones. But it kept us entertained which is really all that matters with karaoke!



(Sadly, these are also the only photos I took, since we had other photographers busily snapping pictures the other nights!)
Friday and Saturday were spent with fun in the sun, as well as wedding preparations. Emily, Clay (Em's husband, it was nice to get to know him a little better), and I also rented bikes one day which was alot of fun (makes me want to buy a bike even more), especially since I got to burn a few of the many calories I ate! The weather was in the low 80's during the day and I didn't get sunburned this time, so  yay for that!

It was so nice to have a few days to spend with my "Paris friends" as well as get to know some of the other family and guests as well. Everyone got along well together and the rehearsal and wedding were a blast...with good food (back to my diet now!), corn hole, and lots of new friends. Fawn and Ian really did a great job with the wedding, and we are so happy that they are now married!! :) I'm already looking forward to seeing the girls at our fall reunion!

1 comments:

Optimistic Existentialist said...

You all look like you have so much fun!