CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

July 3, 2012

10 reasons why I love America

1. Sonic and Chick-fil-A: The slushes and sweet tea are enough to put this on the list, even without the good food!
2. Horses: Kentucky has made me appreciate these beautiful animals. Oh, and cats. For pets. Actually just the fact that we have pets.
3. the "South": this region of our country is so unique and where I will always refer to as "home"....I love so many things about our culture!! And I don't mind the heat most of the time--oh, and air conditioning!
4. Group exercise classes-I'm glad we have so many options for exercise and that we often do it relationally as a culture.
5. That our government has so many social programs to help those in need. I guess that means I shouldn't complain about taxes.
6. Individuality-so many of us transplant ourselves in other regions of our country or even the world. It's cool that we have the freedom and know-how to be our own individual--do what we want, go where we want (to some degree).
7. Fireworks! Using explosives for things other than weapons?! yes, please.
8. Interstates. It just makes it so much faster. Maybe this is why we have seat belts, too.
9. Diverse diets. I swear there is a new diet every day and research on it. But, how cool that we can find so many different types of food at the grocery and at our restaurants!!
10. Though I get frustrated with all the different types of churches; we have too many denominations to count even just in the Christian faith, but how thankful I am for the fact that I can choose to worship in the way that I choose.

Happy Birthday, America!

1 comments:

Kim said...

"the grocery" ... I can't wait to hear that sweet southern accent in Denver!