CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

February 16, 2013

Lenten Thankfulness

Well, I'm probably not going to be able to post every day, but I'll still account for small blessings during Lent, as much as possible...

I'm thankful that God is turning me into a morning person (because, believe me, I could not do it on my own). I know this sounds crazy, but I've ALWAYS groaned and been barely able to pull myself out of bed. I have a bad memory, but I clearly remember my parents struggling to get me out of bed in high school and even pouring water on me, and the days when I had about 10 minutes until I had to leave. All that to say, I'm much better now, but I don't know if I'll ever jump up out of bed with joy, BUT I am gradually adjusting to an early wake time. I've been getting up 3 times a week for a 5:30 workout at the gym, and this morning I even woke up early (without an alarm) on a Saturday! I think my main motivation for this is the fact that I have so much more time, and am so productive in the morning when there are not other distractions. I've secretly always WANTED to be able to get up and do things in the morning, so it's a nice change.

Also, I struggle often with not having many close friends here where I live. I purposely joined a Bible study in August where I really didn't know anyone, but which included the "movers and shakers" of our church...in other words, people I wanted to know. At first, I still felt a little out of the loop, the whole young and single thing. BUT, they were all so excited to see me after I was out for 3 weeks, and it's nice to be missed!! My lesson is that it takes a while (especially at this stage of life) to break barriers and make real friends, BUT if you keep praying and placing yourself in positions to make friends (i.e., showing up) and genuinely being friendly, eventually you'll get to know a few new people. It's a work in progress!

1 comments:

Optimistic Existentialist said...

Great post as always my Berea friend